The gap between rich and poor in Sweden is growing faster than in any other major nation, according to the OECD, although absolute poverty remains uncommon.”
Youth gang riots in the Swedish capital Stockholm have entered fifth straight night. Hundreds of mostly immigrant teenagers tore through the suburbs, smashing windows and burning cars in the country’s worst outbreak of violence in years.
Community leaders insist that a main reason for the violence is the high rate of unemployment in immigrant communities, particularly in the suburb of Husby near central Stockholm, one of the worst affected by the nighttime violence, Peter Oliver reported.
“In Sweden you’ve got welfare, access to the educational system – up to university level, you got access to public transport, libraries, healthcare – to everything. And still they feel that they [immigrants] need to riot through stones and Molotov cocktails. It’s ridiculous and a bad excuse,”Swedish Democrats MP Kent Ekeroth told RT.
“Police can put down these riots in five minutes – if the politicians were to allow them,” Ekeroth added.
“Initially, FBI officials said Todashev, 27, became violent and lunged at an agent with a knife while he was being questioned about Tsarnaev and an unsolved 2011 triple murder in the Boston suburb of Waltham. The agent, acting on an “imminent threat,” then shot Todashev, they said.
Sources say Todashev, a Russian national living legally in Florida, was about to confess to the Waltham slaying when the shooting took place.
However, officials have backed off that preliminary account, and it’s no longer clear what happened in the moments before the fatal shooting.”
The Obama strategy for avoiding the political and legal consequences of the three primary scandals facing him is becoming clear. The Center sees the Obama strategy as follows:
1. AP/Fox News scandal: Obama’s “preferred” scandal. Obama is betting that the public will ultimately hold little sympathy for the mainstream media in the context of Obama protecting “national security” interests. Holder will soon take one for the team and resign.
2. Benghazi: This is Obama’s second favorite scandal because it is the most easy to politicize by blaming Republicans for “prolonging” a tragedy when “there is no there, there,” according to Obama. Besides, ultimately, Hillary is responsible and will eventually find herself under the bus.
3. IRS suppression of the Tea Party during the Presidential election: Obama’s most difficult challenge. The emerging strategy is to vigorously shove as many IRS employees, and soon White House staffers, under the bus as is necessary to insulate Obama. The campaign to portray the IRS as somehow confused by the Supreme Court’s Citizen’s United v FCC opinion, and to further vilify the Tea Party, is beginning in earnest.
“Local MP Nick Raynsford said he had been told the man attacked in the street was a soldier serving at the Royal Artillery Barracks near the attack. Mr Raynsford said the soldier had been returning to the barracks after a day out when he was attacked.
London Ambulance Service said one man, believed to be the victim of the machete attack, had died in the incident and two others were injured, one seriously. Several witnesses described seeing a “beheading” while another described seeing a man wearing a Help for Heroes T-shirt being attacked with a machete-style knife and dumped.
Prime Minister David Cameron called a meeting of the Government’s Cobra crisis committee, describing the incident as “truly shocking”.
Cobra meetings are crisis response committees set up to coordinate the actions of different agencies, including the security services, police and local authorities.”
“According to NBC News, an FBI special agent was interviewing the suspect regarding his connections to bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and other extremists. The suspect, identified by the FBI as Ibragim Todashev, was originally cooperative, but he was shot after attacking the agent, NBC News reported.
A friend of the suspect said his friend, 27-year-old Ibragim Todashev, was being investigated as part of the Boston bombings and knew bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev because both were MMA fighters. The man claims he and Todashev were interviewed by the FBI for nearly three hours on Tuesday.”
In the movie “Bulworth,” the title character is a US Senator who, lacking future prospects, elects to “speak truth to power” through rap rhymes. President Obama has recently leaked (without irony) his own desire to “go Bulworth.” It’s too late. Obama’s rap has already gone Bulworth: Spying and lying as our Ambassador lay dying.
Bulworth is a 1998 liberal political fantasy (and box office bomb) written and directed by Hollywood progressive has-been Warren Beatty. Beatty also starred as the title character, a liberal-inside, moderate-outside U.S. Senator who decides to commit suicide so his daughter can illegally collect on a $10 million life insurance policy.
Bulworth gains new popularity through heavy drinking, drug use and the employment of rap lyrics and style in his increasingly left-wing public statements (remember it’s a liberal fantasy). Bulworth is eventually shot by an evil insurance company worker.
Our own President O-Bulworth apparently longs for the freedom to openly espouse his not-so-hidden socialist inclinations at long last. Perhaps his hip-hop styling could include his “spyin’” (on General Petraeus’ affair, the Associated Press and Fox News) and his “lyin’” (the Benghazi video protest, talking points and White House knowledge of the IRS persecution of the Tea Party) while our Ambassador to Libya lay “dyin.”
“Nine decades ago, the diplomats at Versailles ignored the region’s natural fault lines as they carved up the Middle East, forcing enemies together and driving kin apart (while Woodrow Wilson turned his back on the Kurds). Only brute force and dictators kept up the fiction that these were countries. Now the grim charade has reached its end.
Iraq was carved out for British interests, while Syria was France’s consolation prize. Now Syria’s collapsing in a too-many-factions-to-count civil war. And Iraq’s in the early stages of its own dissolution; even a would-be dictator — another of our one-time “friends,” Nouri al-Maliki — can’t keep the “country” together . . .
We had our chance to extend the peace and keep both Iran and Wahhabi crazies at bay after we defeated Iraq’s insurgencies. But a new American president, elevating politics over strategy, walked away from Baghdad, handing Iraq to Iran. Now it’s too late. If George W. Bush helped trigger the Arab Spring, Barack Obama made this Arab Winter inevitable.”
• Anglo and Latin countries most tolerant. People in the survey were most likely to embrace a racially diverse neighbor in the United Kingdom and its Anglo former colonies (the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) and in Latin America. The only real exceptions were oil-rich Venezuela, where income inequality sometimes breaks along racial lines, and the Dominican Republic, perhaps because of its adjacency to troubled Haiti. Scandinavian countries also scored high.
• India, Jordan, Bangladesh and Hong Kong by far the least tolerant. In only three of 81 surveyed countries, more than 40 percent of respondents said they would not want a neighbor of a different race. This included 43.5 percent of Indians, 51.4 percent of Jordanians and an astonishingly high 71.8 percent of Hong Kongers and 71.7 percent of Bangladeshis.”
“WASHINGTON (AP) – President Barack Obama, seeking to regain his footing amid controversies hammering the White House, named a temporary chief for the scandal-marred Internal Revenue Service Thursday and pressed Congress to approve new security money to prevent another Benghazi-style terrorist attack.
The efforts did little to satisfy Republicans, who see the controversies as an opportunity to derail Obama’s second-term agenda. House Speaker John Boehner suggested the White House had violated the public’s trust, and he promised to “stop at nothing” to hold the administration accountable.”